Monday, November 7, 2011

Halloween 2011







Every year Halloween is a stressful yet fun time for me. It's stressful because Dwayne coaches wrestling so he isn't there to help with getting kids ready. Dwayne is my right hand man and my biggest helper, so when he isn't there I miss him. With six kids we have to work as a team just to survive and we work really well together. What he does help with before hand is the construction and artistic creation of many of our kids costumes. Garrison's especially. He has a very big imagination and his Halloween costume wish list is mind blowing. Last year he was a hammer head shark. Yeah I know..wow. Denyce is just as bad. She was a Storm Trooper from Star Wars and her costume was homemade.I am so glad my husband is an art teacher. There is no way we could pull off all these creative costumes without him. This year though we had an easier time. Joann's Fabric had a sale on butterfly wings that all the girls wanted so they put them on whatever they chose and we went with that. Mason was a ninja (vanish) which again was easy because we already had that costume. Garrison had to have an original costume...again. When you put together two vacuum hoses, plaster, a toolbox and a homemade sword you get a phantom assassin. Who knew. I think the highlight was Bree's costume. We all thought it was cool that she was a monkey because that's her nickname. Boy she loves that costume and slept in it the next night. She was so cute. This year we did actual trick or treating door to door for the first time. Normally we have a trunk or treat where a bunch of cars park in a parking lot and the kids go to each car for treats instead of a house. It's easier and much faster. But this year it was cancelled. I think the kids still had fun though. I put the back seat of our suburban down and let all the kids pile in back there as we went street to street. The kids and I also picked up the Hall family. It was a lot of fun with all my kids plus Lauryn and Jillyan. I loved having a friend to walk and talk with too.

No comments:

Post a Comment