Sunday, October 23, 2011

Homecoming 2011





This year the theme for homecoming was Rock'n the 80s. It was fun for the kids at the junior high and high school to dress up in sub-theme everyday, which leads up to the homecoming parade and football game on Friday. The dance is on the next night. As a family we had fun playing dress up and getting into school spirit. On "rock day" Denyce put pink streaks in her hair and Dwayne gave her pen tattoos on her arm. On Friday Kwynn, Bree and I meet Dwayne in the Safeway parking lot to watch the homecoming parade. It was there that I gave Dwayne flowers with a paper note asking him to the dance. I said it was a very important decision and he should think about it for the day before he answered. I think I made his day. This is a unexpected upside I never considered when I married him. I can go to homecoming and prom any year I want. If I didn't have the best time, I just have to wait until next year. Plus I always have an awesome date that is a lot of fun! This makes up for not going in high school. So hear is my advice ladies...find yourself a educator for a hubby. The benefits are worth it! I had fun helping Dwayne with his look, he even let me put eyeliner and fake earings on. My favorite reaction from his students was this...."Hey Mr. Hawk. Looking good!" "Thanks Tyrell."  Then there was a pause (5..4..3..2..1) "Mr. Hawk...are you wearing EYELINER!"

No comments:

Post a Comment