Monday, October 3, 2011

I go walk'n

   After watching conference on Sunday and having an early dinner, my kids needed to get out of the house before I did bodily harm to them. So we went on a little walk to the Rock Clubhouse. The Rock Clubhouse is a little plateau of rocks near our house that our kids love to go to.
  We have many stories about the clubhouse. Blackjack got wedged between two rocks, Mason fell off the side one Fourth of July night (luckily another rock stopped him before he fell too far) and it features in many of the kids outside imagination games. One of my favorite features is the rock toilet. Yes a toilet. And I'm sorry to say it's been used. I was up there with all the kids one day when Kwynn looked at me and told me she had to GO! I asked her if she could hold it until we got home but was told "no way..I gotta go now!" Garrison then informed me that there was a bathroom if she wanted to use it. Once I was directed to the rock toilet, I asked Kwynn if she wanted to use it. "Sure" she said like she peed outside everyday. So I helped her and the rock commode was used for the first time. Everyone was of course impressed.




 I was trying to take a picture of Aubrey and Kwynn when I saw "the lip" come out on Bree's face. What was the reason for the sudden pouting...Dwayne was walking over to see something one of the other kids wanted to show him. Aubrey is going through a 'my daddy' phase. She immediately got down and ran to him shouting "Daddy" the whole way.

 This is the tunnel that runs under the railroad tracks. The kids like it because it's not very long and it echos.
   Aubrey is learning new words everyday. One of her new favorites is flower. On our walk we found a bunch of wild flowers growing. Aubrey had tons of fun grabbing the flowers, crushing them in her hand and squealing "flower!" We had to pull her away because Lily had to use the bathroom. Alas, she would not use the rock toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment