Sunday, July 24, 2011

Porcupine 2, Blackjack 0

For the SECOND time this week we had to pull porcupine quills out of Blackjacks mouth!! Only this time he got them in is ear as well. If feel bad for him but dang you'd think he would get the point this time. We have been lucky that he will let us hold him down and dig the quills out and we don't have to take him to the vet. Unfortunatley because of Dwaynes bad shoulder, I'm the one who has been holding him down and holding down a 150+ dog is very hard to do!
On a happier note, we found one of our turtles! Two months ago I was cleaning out their tank when they ran away. I know what your thinking "Turtles....running?" But I swear one moment they were in the front yard and the next they were gone. Yesterday I got a call from our neighbor down the street asking if we were missing a turtle. Their dog found it in their back yard and thought it would be an interesting chew toy. Now Monet is safe and sound(if not a little scruffed up) and back in her tank. I learned there are little miracles every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment