Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Verbal Gold

Lately Garrison has been saying things that have had me rolling on the floor laughing. I've always wanted to have a ticket to the play that is Garrison's mind and I love hearing what he has to say. What is great is that he is so funny and he doesn't even know it!
On Sunday after church, I asked him what he learned in church that day. This is always fun for me because he learns things that I'm sure his teachers don't realize they are teaching him. For example he told me they learned about talents. I replied "Really! What did you say your talent was?" He then informed me that his talent was his large esophagus. "What!!?" I said. "Well....I do." He told me. Garrison then told me I had pointed out once that I was impressed that he could swallow more than one pill at a time so it must be a talent. I have to say I had never thought of it that way.
Right now we are doing some construction in the girls room. Dwayne and I are having Denyce and Garrison help us. While we were working today, Dwayne mention to Denyce that she was ahead of the game because he didn't learn to do this stuff until he was older. "What stuff?" Denyce asked. "You know...build a wall, sheet rock, mud, build shelves...." " Swear at your kids" Garrison interrupted. I laughed so hard I had to put down the paint brush!
I'm sure I will be putting down more funny things this boys says in the future....possibly the very near future.

1 comment:

  1. Yipee, a fellow blogger. Garrison is hilarious! And a blog is a perfect way to record all the funny things kids say. That's part of the reason I have my blog. I just need to update it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete