Tuesday, September 20, 2011

All's Fair

This past weekend was the Navajo County Fair. Lily and Kwynn got to ride horses for the first time. This was especially exciting for Lily because she is horse crazy right now. But hey isn't every six year old? Next to the pony rides was a petting zoo that everyone went in. In the pen were some familiar animals for my kids such has bunnies and chickens but there were some animals that were new. The most memorable was a very aggressive donkey that was apparently very hungry. This donkey would follow you around to see if you had food in your hand and then come back later to see if you had gotten more! He really freaked out Kwynn and Bree. I know this because Kwynn told me "Mom, that thing frweeks me out!" Garrison, Mason and Lily attended their first rodeo. Lily loved the girls on the horses (see..horse crazy) Garrison liked the bull riding and Mason thought the song they played when someone got to do a re-ride was funny. He sang it the whole way home. I'm glad we don't live to far away! Dwayne won 1st place ribbons for some of his artwork. I also won for my photos. I enjoyed walking around and looking at others photos. It gives me great ideas! Denyce entered the county pageant. Dwayne thought we looked pretty funny practicing walking, pausing and turning in heals in our dinning room but he's never had to do that in front of alot of people and still look graceful. She got 3rd place and on the way home, she told me she wants to enter the Junior High spelling bee. She likes to stay busy which unfortunately makes me busy too! Oh well.




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! I wanna see what pictures won for you guys. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete