Wednesday, September 21, 2011

That warm feeling

In our ward I have two callings. I'm the Cubmaster and I'm the chorister for the primary. The primary chorister is in charge of teaching the kids new songs, trying to get 11-12 year old boys to sing period and have a positive attitude while doing it! I do have fun but sometimes things in primary that make every bad singing day worth it.
The new song I was teaching was "I feel my Savior's love". I was trying to explain the words in the song were  about how you would feel knowing that God loves you. I asked the kids if any of them had put a blanket in the drying for a couple of minutes on a cold winter day and then wrapped it around their bodies. "That's how Gods loves feels, like a warm blanket surrounding you." Man, I thought it was a great example but then Garrison had to one up me. " Hey Mom, it's like when you've had to go to the bathroom really bad and you've held it for a really really long time and then you get to go and it feels real good...right?" I was so stunned I couldn't say anything for a second or two. But the more I think about it.....he's right!

No comments:

Post a Comment