Sunday, August 14, 2011

12 yrs old

Today in church Mason leans over and asks "Why is Porter passing the sacrement?" Porter is our friends oldest son and he was ordained a deacon 2 weeks ago. I Told Mason that Porter was a deacon now and he had the priesthood so he could pass the sacrament. He of course asked me when he could get the priesthood. On paper I lined out the different ages and offices of the priesthood. For High Priest I wrote "old" next to it and he turned to me and asked "Dad are you a High Priest?" :( So, I wrote :)
The best part of the lesson for him was when he found out that girls don't have the priesthood. He smiled really big, because at 8 yrs old, "Boys rule and girls drool."

Needless to say, Mason has a new check mark on his life list.
8 - baptism
12 - deacon
19 - mission
Then College and Marriage.
(His List)

No comments:

Post a Comment