Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I am Number Five...I guess

Ok I admit it...I number my kids. Sometimes it seems a little anal and Von Trapp family-ish but it works for me. Anywhere and anytime I can yell out "Count off!" within my children's hearing and I will hear the numbers one through four. "Wait a second (I'm sure you are saying to yourself) she has 6 kids." Well you'd be right. We forgive Bree for not yelling her number as she can only say acouple of words and routinely calls Dwayne mom. I'm sure the whole process would just confuse her. The hiccup in my perfect Where's Waldo plan is Kwynn. Yes she is adorable but the little cuss is as stubborn as a MULE! She insists that her number is three because she is three years old which is very understandable. But the problem is Mason is number three and he is EXTREMELY protective of it. He always wants to be third at everything. She refuses to say five because she's three! We go over it again and again.
"Kwynn, what's your number?"
"Three!!"
"No. Mason's number three. You're three years old but your number is five."
"Oh. Ok."
"So how old are you?"
"Three"
"What's your number?"
"Five!"
"Great! You got it. So whats your number again?"
"Three."
"KWYNN!"
Now she doesn't say a number at all. Count off now goes like this
"Count off!"
" 1,2,3,4... and ME!"
I tell myself to let it go. I close my eyes and go to my happy place (I'll tell you where it is later) and breath. Because if I didn't, I would be arguing with a three year old and that my friends would be real sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment