Thursday, August 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Denyce!

Today Denyce is 13 and I kinda can't believe it. She has grown up so fast that this birthday has taken me by surprise. I remember taking her to the park when she was a baby and helping her down the slide again and again because it was her favorite. When she was 2 she knew so many primary songs such as Popcorn Popping, Wise Man and Foolish Man and the Smile song. She would sing while walking around the apartment, outside and especially in the tub at the top of her lungs. One of my favorite stories of Denyce, she was two and one of the chores we were doing that weekend was to go to a car wash. This was her first experience in one and Dwayne and I were wondering how she would react to all the water, soap and brushes scrubbing the car. About half way through, Denyce started saying "wet". We did the 'parent' answer and said "That's right Denyce, the car is getting wet". But she kept saying it over and over. By the time the car wash was practically over, she was shouting "WET!" Finally sensing that maybe she referring to something else, I look over my shoulder and realize that my brilliant daughter was right. She was all wet. Dwayne had neglected to roll the window up all the way. She gave us a look that seemed to say "You two are idiots". We still get that look to this day.




I am constantly amazed at my daughter. She has an inner confidence in herself that blows my mind. She is kind, thoughtful, smart..man so smart, loving and so very helpful to me. I am so proud of her. I think back to when she would stand next to me in the kitchen helping my make homemade noodles with a smile a mile wide when she would get it right. So Happy Birthday my darling daughter. I love you so much.    Mom

1 comment: